Can you believe, we are done with 6 months of 2017 already?! And here I am thinking there’s a long way to go to catch up with my goals. Hence, here I am, assessing my life, halfway through the year. I had made 17 resolutions, since it is 2017 and this is a good opportunity to assess my progress.
Feels like 1st of January was just a couple of days ago, when I found myself crying to sleep before the clock could strike midnight on some home-made sangria.
- Cut down on colors – Achieved. My wardrobe now has fewer colors, black being primary. Florals were never a part of my taste palette anyway.
- Keep my outfits prim and proper – Achieved. This is something I have been cautious of, considering the addition of Supreme, Off-White and Thrasher to my wardrobe.
- Challenge my personal style – Not sure about that. I personally feel I have, but why don’t you be the judge? Let me know in the comments.
- Pushing streetwear brands to the Indian audience – Achieved. The number of DM’s I receive from people asking me where they can buy The Hundreds, Thrasher or Supreme in India has been quite high.
- Clean out my wardrobe and donate to charity – Achieved. Have churned out a lot of my wardrobe and donated to charity. Also using a few clothes on repeat that I can then discard, rather than letting them sit till I no longer use them. Reducing fabric wastage.
- Buy only streetwear labels – Achieved. However, I must add that I also have been buying some luxury products which would blend in well with the rest of my streetwear.
- Shop in Japan / Hong Kong – Failed. My vacations for 2017 are on hold indefinitely, brought on by my debts and some unforeseen circumstances. If it is any solace, I have shopped from Hong Kong and Japan online. Lol.
- Go easy on the shopping and save money – Failed miserably. Debts have sky rocketed.
- Buy 1 item that may be ridiculous in logic but high on hype – Over Achieved. Got me some Supreme Box Logo tees, Off-White, Stone Island, a few more Yeezys, an Omega, CDG Wallet and tee, amongst other things.
- Ease out on my social media use – Intermittent. There are days I am completely off it and others that I am on too frequently.
- Spend time with friends and family – Failed. Have not visited family nor hung out with friends as much as I would love to. Hoping I can fix that in the coming months.
- Focus on building my personal brand – Partially Achieved. I have jumped on and off the work-out and strategy train way too many times than I would want to admit here. Although I did a bunch of few fun things like hosting the launch of the adidas Originals store, playing a couple of gigs, traveling to Bombay for the Levi’s #501Day.
Oh, and did I mention, I was part of Levi’s India’s 501 Jeans National Campaign.
- Launch a brand of my own – Failed. I had initiated talks with a friend in America and we had laid out plans. But then Donald Trump happened.
- Travel a lot more – Failed miserably. Have only been on 1 trip all of 2017 – Bombay! If it weren’t for this trip to Bombay, I’d have been pretty bummed.
- Hug my partner 5 times a day – Failed horridly. There is no justification for this.
- Stop taking shit – Achieved 100%.
- Stand by my words – Achieved. Unless sticking to my resolutions also counts, in which case I have failed.
But look on the brighter side, I still have 6 months to go to fix whatever I have failed in. Stay tuned, for the year-end round up of how committed I am to myself.