The Air Jordan Bred/Black Cement 4 releases this weekend across the globe, online and at Nike stores on the 4th of May.
The much-awaited return of Nike Air on the heel that was anticipated almost every year, has sneakerheads and enthusiasts excited. This Tinker Hatfield design has seen various iterations in the last 20 years, but they all carried the Jumpman logo on the heel after 1999. And although demand is high for the pair, I trust Jordan Brand to produce just the right number of pairs to ensure everyone who wants one gets one, but they also do not end up sitting on shelves for too long.
I love what Jordan brand did with the Black Cement 3, which they then replicated during the Concord 11 drop late last year as well as the Infrared 6 earlier this year.
And although the term “Bred 4” is being thrown around a lot lately, the original name of the sneaker was intended to be “Black Cement 4“.
What do you prefer calling it? The Bred 4 or the Black Cement 4?
Here is a quick unboxing and on-feet video of the Air Jordan 4 Bred/Black Cement from my Youtube channel
- A stunning silhouette, classic design. Looks good with jeans and shorts.
- Historic relevance.
- Nike Air (I know, it is only a visual thing) makes a come back after 20 long years.
- The nubuck material used for the upper catches dust out of thin air. I just took the sneaker out of the box and within 30 seconds there were patches of dust all over it.
- Creases are formed easily and owing to the nubuck aren’t flattering like the tumbled leather Jordan 1s.
- Appear to age rapidly, although that is considered appealing, I’d prefer if they stayed clean.
The Air Jordan Black Cement/Bred 4 is a versatile sneaker and is easy to style. More than just the colorway here, I am referring to the silhouette. And while a lot of fit images are going to make it to Instagram with black and red outfit elements, I decided to keep it simple and easy.
Blue distressed jeans and a black tee is what I chose for the overall fit. The back print of this Japan-exclusive Undefeated tee has just a slight hint of red on the Sumo Wrestler logo print.
What do you make of the Air Jordan 4 Black Cement/Bred? Are you looking to buy a pair? Or are you doubling up? Worse still, are you giving them a miss?
Let me know in the comments.
Tee – Undefeated 2019 Japan Exclusive
Jeans – Crysp
Watch – Omega Seamaster
Sunglasses – Chimi Eyewear
All images shot by Sahil Wason on an iPhone X
Check out the Black Cement 3 that was an early cop from 2018 and a sneaker that comes very close to the Black Cement 4.